In addition to completing the online application, you must also:
1. Submit a full course-by-course evaluation
2. If you are currently in the United States on a visa, you MUST have U.S. Employment Authorization Documents no later than January 1, 2024.
Submit a full course-by-course evaluation
We are not able to evaluate transcripts from international universities and require all candidates with a bachelor’s degree from a university outside of the United States to submit a full course-by-course evaluation of their degree. We cannot accept credential evaluations or authentication reports.
To locate an organization that provides an accepted foreign degree evaluation, please visit National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Some of their member organizations include:
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Evaluation Service, Inc.
- Globe Language Services Inc.
- International Education Evaluations, Inc.
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- SpanTran: The Evaluation Company
- World Education Services Inc.
Please request multiple copies of your official transcript from your home university before you begin the evaluation process. We suggest this because you will need to submit a copy of your transcript to the evaluation company and you will also need to submit two official transcripts to enroll in graduate coursework, if you are offered a position in the NYC Teaching Collaborative. You should bear in mind that the evaluation company may NOT return the official transcript that you submit.
We recommend you allow sufficient time to obtain your degree evaluation as the process of receiving, reviewing, and approving all documents, and receiving payment can take several weeks to several months. If you currently do not have a course-by-course evaluation of your degree, we recommend that you work on securing an evaluation before proceeding further with the application.
- We cannot process your application without the course-by-course evaluation.
- The NYC Teaching Collaborative does NOT cover the cost for transcript evaluations. Candidates are responsible for all fees related to their degree evaluation.
- Ask the organization to have the degree evaluation mailed to your home address.
- Scan the complete evaluation into your computer. The document should be saved with one of these extensions: .doc, .docx, .jpeg, or .PDF.
- You are required to write a GPA Statement if the cumulative GPA that is listed on your course-by-course evaluation for your bachelor’s degree is below 3.0.
U.S. Employment Authorization Documents
NYC Public Schools does NOT sponsor candidates for a temporary or permanent work visa.
If you are currently in the United States on a visa, you MUST have U.S. Employment Authorization Documents no later than January 1, 2024. If enrolled, you MUST be able to present documentation showing you are authorized and able to work in the United States through July 2026 or will be eligible for renewable work authorization through July 2026.