All NYCDOE teachers are required to provide their fingerprints and information in order to undergo a background check and receive security clearance to enter a NYC public school and work with students. You must complete this process before the start of pre-service training.
Articles in this section
- How do I check that my fingerprints are on file with New York State (in my TEACH account)?
- How do I set up a TEACH account?
- What do I do if I have never been fingerprinted before?
- How much does fingerprinting cost?
- What do I do if I have been fingerprinted by the New York State education department before?
- How long does it take to clear the fingerprinting process?
- What do I do if I have been fingerprinted by the New York City Department of Education but not NYSED?
- Why am I required to get fingerprinted?
- What is the OSPRA 103 and how do I know if I need it?
- What is the OSPRA 104 and how do I know if I need it?