Our alternative certification program includes enrollment in a subsidized master's degree program, so applicants must have a bachelor's degree completed and conferred prior to the start of training in January. A graduate who has completed all graduation requirements by January 15 is eligible to apply for our program and begin training immediately after their graduation. Bachelor's degrees must have a conferral date no later than January 15.
Articles in this section
- What are the eligibility requirements to apply to the program?
- If I have previous teaching experience or prior education coursework, should I apply to the NYC Teaching Collaborative program?
- Is there a minimum GPA required to apply to the program?
- Can I complete additional coursework to increase my GPA?
- I received a message stating I am not eligible to apply to the NYC Teaching Collaborative. Why am I not eligible?
- My application was marked as ineligible because I completed a teacher preparation program. What are my next steps?
- I am in the process of earning my bachelor's degree. When should I apply?
- I am a paraprofessional. Am I eligible to apply?
- I am certified in another state. Can I apply?
- I have an expired teaching certification. Am I eligible to apply?