The 2024 NYC Teaching Collaborative Application is now open!
In order to begin the application, you must first register an account.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to create an account in order to access the application:
1. Log onto https://nycdoe2-nkqpd.smapply.us/
2. When visiting for the first time, you will need to click on the Register button, found on the top right section of the page and create an account by using your legal first and last name, email address and a password. Please DO NOT register through Google. This may affect your ability to edit information in the future. You will also
The registration page looks like this (click on the image below to see a video on how to register):
3. After you create an account, you will be asked to verify your email.
Once you click the "Send Verification Link" button, you will receive an email from the NYC Department of Education with a link that will take you to the next section of the application.
4. After creating an account, you will be asked to verify your eligibility. Click on the green "CHECK ELIGIBILITY" button. You will be required to respond to a series of questions regarding your eligibility (Click on the image below to see the video on how to check eligibility).
5. Once you have completed this section, click "Save my Profile." Please note, you will not be able to proceed to the rest of the application until you have completed this section.
Applicants frequently answer these questions incorrectly and will not have access to their applications as a result! Please complete the eligibility section of the application carefully and review your answers before submitting.
6. To start your application or continue working on it once you have started, log on to the Survey Monkey https://nycdoe2-nkqpd.smapply.us/ and click on the "START" button on the left side of the screen (Click on the image below to see a video on how to start your application).
- All tasks of the application can be saved and revisited at any time before submission.
- You can easily move from task to task of the application by using the Toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen. You can move around in the application and do not have to complete the remaining sections in the order they are presented.
- To access a certain task of the application, just click on the page name you would like to complete. The status circle can be helpful to keep track of how you are progressing in the completion of your online application. (See diagram below.)
- Tasks that have not yet been started have a blank dashed circle on the left of the task name.
- Tasks that have been started but not yet completed have a white and green circle to the left of the task name.
- Tasks that have been completed have a green circle with a check mark to the left of the task name.
- You will not be able to click the final ‘Submit’ button until you have a green circle with a check next to all of the application task headings.
If your application has been submitted successfully, you will receive a separate confirmation email from "NYC DOE Teacher Admissions Portal".
If you have logged on to the portal and continue to have trouble accessing your application after following the instructions outlined above, please send us an email through our Online Support Center.