Before you apply, be sure you meet basic eligibility requirements for the 2024 NYC Teaching Collaborative program:
Bachelor's degree conferred by January 15, 2024
- Minimum final cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0*
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligible to work in the United States or have renewable work authorization through July 2026**
- Have never been certified to teach at the early childhood, elementary or secondary grade levels OR completed a program that would lead to certification in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
- Never started pre-service training in any of the following alternative certification programs: NYC Teaching Fellows, NYC Teaching Collaborative, Pathways to PE or Teach for America (TFA)
*GPA minimum is required by our university partners, as per NY state regulations. Applicants with a final cumulative undergraduate GPA between a 2.5 and 3.0 ARE ELIGIBLE to apply to the NYC Teaching Collaborative. If you are in this situation, you will be asked to submit a GPA Statement to provide more context about your GPA. The GPA Statement should outline any factors that may have impacted your undergraduate GPA and why you feel you will be able to succeed in a rigorous master’s degree program.
Candidates with an undergraduate GPA below 2.5 will not be accepted, UNLESS they can also submit proof of having a master's degree and a GPA in that master's degree of at least a 3.0. These candidates will also be required to submit a GPA Statement to provide more context about the factors that impacted their undergraduate GPA.
** If you are currently in the United States on a visa, you MUST have U.S. Employment Authorization Documents no later than January 15, 2024.