As a Bilingual Special Education Teacher (must also have a bilingual extension), you would:
- Provide a specialized program for students whose Individualized Education Program (IEP) recommends an integrated coteaching (ICT) or special class with a language of instruction other than English.
- BSE is recommended on an individual basis by the student’s IEP team. Bilingual Special Education (BSE) requires that students receive their recommended special education program, either ICT or special class, through instruction in both English and the student’s home language.
- Bilingual Special Education consists of both a:
- Special Education Program Model: Integrated Co-Teaching or Special Class
- Bilingual Program Model: Dual Language (DL) or Transitional BilingualEducation
For a full list of Bilingual programs please click here.