NYC Teaching Collaborative is currently accepting applications for per-session opportunities. Please read the description below and complete the survey if you are interested in applying.
- Customize and facilitate structured twice-weekly skill-building sessions for groups of 25-45 Partner Teachers.
- Expertly model classroom management and Common Core-aligned instructional techniques so that PTs understand the essential components of effective instruction, and can develop those components within their own teaching practices.
- Lead sessions that support PTs’ acquisition of instructional planning and execution skills.
- Provide targeted, actionable feedback to PTs as they practice foundational teaching skills during skill-building.
- Identify and communicate trends in Partner Teacher performance by keeping accurate records of PT attendance, professionalism, and performance.
- Implement interventions and support structures to ensure all PTs improve their teaching practice.
- Establish and reinforce a culture of achievement that drives PTs to ensure that all students achieve at high levels.
- Approximately 18 hours of Lead Instructor orientation and training sessions in August/January, for which Lead Instructors are paid at Training Rate (TN).
- Approximately 24-42 hours of work preparing and facilitating Candidate Orientation, for which Lead Instructors are paid at the Per Session Rate (TR).
- Approximately 6-8 hours per week of work preparing and facilitating Skill Building Sessions, for which Lead Instructors are paid at the Per Session Rate (TR).
- Approximately 12-16 hours of training in monthly meetings over the course of the semester, for which Lead Instructors are paid at Training Rate (TN).
Complete this interest form to indicate your interest in the position at any time in the year! When we are hiring Selectors, we will contact you!